Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction is an 8 week course based upon ancient healing practices and combines mindfulness meditation and yoga.
- The practice of mindfulness is ideal for cultivating a greater awareness of the unity of the mind and body, as well as how unconscious feelings, thoughts, and behaviors can undermine physical, spiritual, and emotional health.
- The mind is a known factor of stress and stress-related disorders, and meditation has been shown to positively affect a range of autonomic physiological processes, such as reducing overall emotional reactivity, lowering blood pressure, and improving quality of life.
Benefits of MBSR
- Anxiety reduction
- Stress management skills
- Improved immune system function
- Better sleep quality
- Increases ability to focus
- Reduction in negative feelings of anger, depression, and tension
- Decrease in physical conditions, such as chronic fatigue syndrome
Illnesses MBSR has been shown to benefit:
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Disease
- Stress Disorders
- Personal Well-Being
- Major Depression
- Hot Flashes
- Sleep Disturbances
- Mood Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders